Monday, February 9, 2009

Plates with Purpose

We are lucky enough to have met several wonderful people, with large and warm, open hearts since our move to New York from Texas. One of our great friends gave us this plate (pictured above) from Plates with Purpose, last Tuesday night.

Plates with Purpose is the beautiful consequence of a design group (Riverside Design) looking to strengthen and support their community. 15% of the proceeds made from the sale of each Plate with Purpose is given back to the charity in which the specific plate helps to support.


The heart plate Scott and I received benefits Habitat for Humanity, a cause that is very close to both of our hearts, and what a great little plate for those petit fours?
Each plate reflects the mission of these vital non-profits, and are made from recycled glass. Heavy, and beautiful - these custom glassware plates are the perfect gift! I know we are delighted with ours.


But what I think is most important about these plates, and more specifically the message of this post - is that one person can make a difference with their art that will greatly and positively impact the community around them. GO forth, and make a difference!

15 comments:

  1. I just love that idea as a gift. That's very special, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous concept, Artie! Thanks so much for sharing Plates With Purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great concept ... I would love to see this happen in our smallish city! My thinking cap is in position ....... As usual, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These plates are wonderful! My Sis lives near Pittsburgh..her Birthday is coming up soon! Think I'll go over to the site now..thanks for the intro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Art is divine, purpose is a necessity in a good life, these plates are fabulous, and the causes are wonderful. I love to put my money where it matters, and I'm so glad that you posted this. Thank you!
    xo Isa

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I just love ideas like this...perfect.

    Thanks, artie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the plate you received! What a great purpose! The idea of giving art as a gift that supports such great organizations is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great gift ideas serving more than 1 purpose, to enjoy them and contribute as well....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely the most perfect gift...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the plates , I will be checking their website. Also thanks for supporting me with my blog . You are such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Plates With a Purpose make the gift so much more meaningful. How nice. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Artieness, what lovely plates! I would love to receive a plate as a gift. You know I don't have too many plates! lol
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great concept. Using art to support and publicize such worthy causes. Thanks for this post, I'm off to visit the site now! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Art and all it can do is just so darn good; isnt it!
    Love this idea
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an ingenious idea. I am surprised 'you' didn't think of it Artie. (That's a compliment!) Hugs -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete