Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Winterthur Weekend: Tuesday Inspiring Spaces by Thomas Jayne

When New York-based interior designer Thomas Jayne spoke at the Winterthur conference: "Chic it Up" I paid close attention. His lecture was mostly about the homes featured in his new book: "The Finest Rooms in America" but also about the elements of creating a fine home. I knew that when I got back, he'd have to be one of our Tuesday Inspiring Spaces posts.

What I found most intriguing, was the influence of Winterthur's rooms designed by H.F. du Pont on Jayne. Now, certainly, he has drawn inspiration from many great designers, having worked under Albert Hadley, Sister Parish, and Kevin McNamara. His rooms are filled with the finest of antiques, vintage art, and stunning accents hand picked with his own playful eclecticism and trained curatorial eye.

I love his style, and I know you will too. Though these singular rooms may total more than what many of us would spend when we buy our first home, you'll certainly take plenty of inspiration in the colors, space planning, and playful mixture of antiques and modern pieces. Enjoy.









3 comments:

  1. That office is gorgeous. They all are-but that's my pick of the day.
    Havea wonderful Thanksgiving, Artie! Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for the inspiration. Truly wonderful colors and feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for post about rooms I have decorated I really like what you picked out. The bedroom with the bamboo bed has silk walls that were painted by Lucretia Moroni. I think she is so talented. The house is on a plantation in Georgia, well removed from town, and during the four days of installation she kept use going via her expresso machine carefully sent with her other tools. This is one of my favorite rooms. Lucretia makes beautiful painted fabrics and trims which I commend to you. Thomas Jayne

    ReplyDelete