Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Million Dollar Decorators: My Take Episode 7

So I still cringe a little when I hear Martyn say: "Decorating is Totally Delicious!" I don't know why I have an aversion to his accent, but I really do. Maybe because it just seems so deliberate (i.e., Fake!), but if Bravo dedicated to an entire hour to just him, I'd turn the television off and never turn it back on. Seriously!


Ok, so my thoughts ... it looks like we might get to see the final product of the Malibu beach house that Kathryn is working on, right? It was so interesting to see the way they were working together now that the house is almost ready for the real "decorating" to begin. A complete 180 from the last couple of episodes where they literally looked like they were going to rip each others hair out. I can't wait to see it complete. (The room pictured above, is not of the Factor beachouse.)

I did get a little kick out of seeing JAM and twinky shopping in San Fran, didn't you? There were some amazing pieces there. But I have to tell you that I didn't think that the John Dickinson table was worth $17K for me. But that's the fun thing about interior design, and the art of collecting antiques and originals: they're only worth what you're willing to pay for them. Someday, that table is going to be worth $100K to someone, and JAM and twinky are going to go on a trip to South Africa on the profits, and I hope they have a great time!


Oh, and Suzanne Tucker! LOVE HER!

Were you as shocked as I was that our Millionaire Decorators were slumming it at the Comfort Inn? Oh, and even more shocked that they were sharing the room! Now, don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against the Comfort Inn - I have stayed there, heck, I've stayed at a Motel 6, but I also haven't gone on record saying that I don't get out of bed for less than a million dollars!


Anyway, loved Mary's lamps. There are a few that I certainly would buy if Scott didn't throw a fit over my buying a $1600 light fixture. And Nathan's furniture was beautiful, too.


That purple Pindler & Pindler Kira suzani candemir ottoman was my favorite piece (I love that fabric!) ... but any and all of it would be welcomed with open arms at CDLV!


Overall, fun episode. It was great to see them all at work, giving us inspiration. I think I might be framing some Suzanis in the near future!

9 comments:

  1. I love the first picture! Its beautiful!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This show cracks me up! I'm addicted to it, even though I have to watch it via Hulu/Youtube because we're still in Italy until Sept.
    His "delicious" accents kills me sometimes, too....but I did love the room he did for DF. I about DIED over the immense Cuban art piece--I'm going to write about that soon. I can't wait to see the finished beach house, either.
    Anyway...you're awesome and I'm so glad you give a re-cap of the shows with your unique take since it takes a while for me to get them over here on my side of the pond.
    Hugs,
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that Flipping Out is on before MDD, it's a BIG exciting night at the Urban Cottage. But, damn it, I can't stay up until 11 to see it. I loathed Martyn in the beginning but it's all so fake, I find it rather amusing at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Martin's accent is so fake but it really makes me giggle !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've enjoyed watching this program and reading your take on it and your reader's comments. The show adds some comic relief to situations that we all experience with clients..but some how doesn't seem so funny in real time. Was surprised to hear that next week is the season finale...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Martin .. accent and all. The floor in your first photo is the floor of my dreams!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your wrap up of the show. My family watches together and there's been lots of eye rolling when Martyn speaks. Now my husband can do a great impersonation, so we love for Martyn to give him more material. It's funny that even the spelling of his name is contrived!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alright, totally agree on the forced accents. There was one word spoken last night that had the most incorrect enunciation for a Brit! But I love the show.. Loved the hotel room he did.. there is so much I'd like to pull from that into our home. Seriously. Those rooms didn't have terribly high ceilings so I was stealing ideas right and left.. Love your commentary!!! It's so spot on!
    xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to listen to and watch Martyn, he is hillarious and so good at what he does. He can do my house anytime

    ReplyDelete