Tuesday, October 11, 2011

TUESDAY: Inspiring Spaces by Charles Spada

I'm all for color. In fact, I think that color done the right way can take a room from ho-hum to jaw dropping. But I also love neutral rooms, which can place an emphasis on texture and nuance that color filled rooms can't.

King of the neutral space is Boston's, Charles Spada. His firm, Charles Spada Interiors, was established in 1980, after leaving a successful career as a designer of women’s apparel in New York City and Boston. His trademark style is the use of a well-edited color palette, fabrics that play with texture, exposed stone and wood floors. Featured in House Beautiful, Veranda, Elle decor, and Traditional Home, and in 2007 Charles was inducted into the New England Home Hall of Fame. For more of his beautiful portfolio, check out his website here: http://charlesspada.com/?page_id=9. Enjoy!














6 comments:

  1. the 2nd image i adore.
    the grey softened with the gold accents is stunning
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of Charles Spada. I love his work, its so classic and clean. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great images. I have always liked everything I've seen of his work. A well-edited palette for sure. Nice turn of phrase (my husband would say "oh, all beige"). I like his frequent neoclassical elements...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pic's! While lovely, I cant imagine living in a monochromatic color scheme. It just feels very "decorated" to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Charles Spada's work, so understated, so elegant. Have you seen the interiors of his downtown Boston loft? It is in my inspiration file. Every item in it is so well chosen. These images are all beautiful.
    Best...Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. A very talented designer. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete