Wednesday, November 16, 2011

LOVE ... Starburst Mirrors

Starburst Mirrors and Starburst frames are those great mod sorta shapes that we all sort of associate with the 1950's, right? But they go so much further back than that. In fact, Starburst mirrors have been said to be associated with Louis XIV of France, dating back to the 17th century. How can something so rooted in history be wrong?

starburst mirror in bedroom

sunburst mirror

sunburst starburst mirror

sunburst starburst mirror

starburst sunburst mirror

starburst sunburst mirror

sunburst starburst mirror

starburst sunburst mirror

Beautiful inspiration, now you're wondering where you can find them for cheap, right? Well ... for interior designers or friends with wholesale capabilities, check out this link http://worlds-away.com/product/josephine-starburst-mirror-in-gold-leaf where you can find quite a bit of home accessories including great starburst mirrors.


wisteria starburst mirror sunburst mirror
The online catalog Wisteria (I know, I know - I've been talking about them a lot lately) has great choices in beautifully patinated starburst mirrors on their website at a variety of prices for different sizes - all equally stunning. In fact, my friend and fellow blogger, Joni Webb of Cote de Texas, recently used one of Wisteria's starburst mirrors in her daughters apartment.

starburst mirror sunburst mirror joni webb cote de texas

So what do you think? Starburst anyone?

8 comments:

  1. I am also a fan of sunburst mirrors,

    so glam and elegant.

    I have one in our bedroom

    but I still can't get enough. Maybe

    the holiday spending I'll get to

    save to buy another one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think;) you're going to like my anitque Italian one hanging over one of the guest beds! It has just the slightest hints of having been gilt hundreds of years ago and is one of the most unusal ones I have ever seen.
    oh... I love them too!

    xojoan

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to love here.... I have a sunburst in my living room right now but after seeing these images I might try it over my bed. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theye DO always make me think of the 1970's! I had s big one then and now I wish I still had it! Fun post, Artie! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have a huge one in my showroom.
    it's new and i only like the old ones.

    xx nice post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Artie I adore the image with the Angel on the coffee table. The wall of starbursts!!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the star burst mirror. I am familiar with Worlds away. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love sunburst mirrors and think they'll never be completely out of vogue. Worlds Away is a good source.

    ReplyDelete