Wednesday, May 16, 2012

CDLV Garden Chores II


It rained today, which, I'm so not going to complain about. But, it did keep me from getting out there and doing the work I wanted to do. 

A couple of years ago I picked up those terracotta chimney liners and decided to use them in the garden. Then, seeing as how convenient it was to have annuals planted in them, I started using more clusters of pots for ease and interest.

Plants in this pic: Dwarf Alberta Spruce (far right);Tuberous Begonia's in pink, Creeping Jenny (tall pot left); Sedum (tall pot right); (some wild pink Columbine popped it's way in there, too!) Boxwood (medium pot right); Red Asiatic lilies (left of medium pot); Pansies in yellow (small terracotta pot front); Stella D'oro lilies (front right).

I'll have more pics of the garden all week, as I get out there and try my best to get it back to beautiful, with a special reveal of the newest garden element, which is a re-envisioned piece of what we used to have. Any guesses?

6 comments:

  1. WOW love the chimney liners as they add such architectural detail to your garden!Lovely plant combos as well! Please stop over and see the plants that have begun to bloom in my garden:)Thanks,Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks promising so far. I love the chimney liner.
    Best...Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea to use the chimney liners!!! Very creative, Artie:) XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so pretty Artie! Hope you are having the same gorgeous weather we are having today- you'll find me in the yard too!
    Soooooo..... do tell!! How was Brimfield and did y'all buy the house (which I love btw!)
    xojoan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Artie I love the chimney liners for plantings; wonderful! Did you get my email last night?

    2012 Artist Series featuring the gifted Decorative Painter Theresa Cheek

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete