Monday, August 13, 2012

BWC Inspiration: Joy Tribout

My very good bloggy friend Deserae, who writes from her gorgeous Kansas home the wonderful blog: Peeking Thru the Sunflowers, emails me almost daily with her projects, and I do the same. With all of the BWC planning, Des has been wonderful in finding me inspiration pictures from her files to drool all over.

Today, she sent me this:
Design Credit: Joy Tribout

I mean, have you ever seen anything this beautiful? Or has this photo plopped along blogland a long time ago, and I missed it? Still - I fell in love immediately. It is perfect inspiration for the rooms at BWC, which I saw again today and let me just say, I left a little dejected. This is going to cost a LOT more than I thought.

I found the designer's website, a wonderful collection of stunning images from this home and others, but it was this one house that stood out to me as essentially perfect.


The opposite side of the room, with more gorgeous custom upholstery and a glimpse at the fireplace wall.


And a better view of the fireplace wall, with the beautiful built-in book storage and television cabinet, and collection of Horse Show trophies and other riding related art/statuary.


The opposite side of the seating arrangement. The room pairs two of my favorites, white and chocolate brown in sumptuous textures that just beg to be touched. Linen sofas, velvet pillows, zebra hide throw pillows, and seagrass rugs ... it's divine! Check out that chair behind the sofa covered in palamino cowhide. A switch from the wingback that was there in just a couple of pictures up. So lovely, and I'm SO JEALOUS!


A better view of that lovely chair, covered in hide. This room is extremely large! But Joy made it feel more cozy with the separate seating arrangements scattered throughout the room, like these and:

And ...


this one. 


Which is actually part of two flanking a set of the beautiful french doors along side another beautiful chair covered in zebra hide. Three lanterns, all in a row, make this hallway more of a gallery than a pass-thru. 


A closer look, looking through the gallery and onto the foyer with its skirted table and even more chairs. I should call this the "chair" house. 


And looking back to that chair, and to the room beyond, shuttered by beautiful glass french doors. I am in love with some many pieces of this house. I could literally move right into this house and live for the rest of my life without changing a thing! Although, the deeper I dig in my picture mission for this post, the more I see changing in the house already! 


This cabinet was switched out for the wood in-lay above. I think I prefer this one more, as it helps relate to the black throughout the space - but who am I to question such loveliness? 

I wish that there were more photos of the foyer. In fact, I wish there were photos of every corner of every room of this house. 


The kitchen is lovely, filled with all of the most beautiful "must haves" everyone wants, including room for a grand island, barstools, and a breakfast area:


The bedrooms are equally lovely, and exquisitely decorated:


Oh, if only!! How grand for a master, with an attached bath of course just as beautifully finished as anyone else:




Now, wouldn't you know that as soon as I say I'd move into right away, I find out the house is for sale. And where do you think it is? Houston? Highland Park? Brentwood, or Belaire? Nope, none other than wealthy infant suburb of Chicago, Caseyville, IL.

Built in 2008, the house is almost 6,000 square feet, three times the size of CDLV and BWC. And many many times more more expensive at $1,300,000. Still, it has me intrigued, longing. I find the interiors beautiful, and in keeping with the tone on tone feeling I'd like to have. But how do you create such a beautifully grand home on a small budget? 


I mean, the chandelier alone retails for almost $1000! My friend Melisa, actually owns this chandelier, and it hangs beautifully in her foyer. The beautiful furniture in the house is a mix of trade only pieces from Century Furniture, a favorite of Jeffrey Bilhuber and Mary McDonald, again WAY out of my budget. But just like anything else - it will not deter me, and I will find a way ... with grasscloth none-the-less! Oh BWC, already driving me to bankruptcy. 

So what do you think? How can you build such beautiful rooms with a modest budget?

11 comments:

  1. Drool worthy. OMG I am not sure which pic I loved more but that bedroom was wonderful. I think I will check my piggy bank to see if i have enough to buy it. haha TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....leave it to YOU to find so many more wonderful pics!!! I adore it all....I am so in love with those X/cross pillows though! You simply have to incorporate those into your living room somehow :o) I am just DYING to see pics of your new place....hurry up already! LOL
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living in the midwest where the "exchange rate" is so much lower than either coast (and in a small town no less which is an even lower "exchange rate") you take your inspiration and do it with things you can afford. You don't need a $5,000 sofa for instance -- a much cheaper one in white would work and the pillows . . . those could easily be made! Even that chandelier . . . with a flea market or garage sale find, you could rework a chandelier to give you the FEEL of the $1,000 one for a lot less money.

    And sometimes in decorating you just need "place holders" until you find or can afford what you really want -- it works but not quite as well. Perhaps that's what they did in your inspiration picture in the hall with that chest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. Gorgeous. The first floor? I'll take it. One detail that really appeals to me, which I have not seen done, is the painting the outer millwork around the arched doors a different color (dark, in this case). What a fantastic effect. I adore it. I'm not crazy that the entire house is done in exactly the same tones -- it gets a bit much for my taste. Each room is perfection, and the first floor has such flow, but ALL over the house? Hello, I need me some some pops of color in at least one room :) Great inspiration, Artie, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh I love it too...I must want a zebra pelt very badly...I just kept seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful images Artie!

    To answer your question, YES you can build beautiful rooms on a budget. IMHO it is no different from establishing a wardrobe of clothing. Also, if you lean towards 'classics' and avoid the 'trends' you can never go wrong. It may take a bit of shopping (I call it 'the hunt')but if you even mix high and low end with a dash of tweaking if can be very rewarding. -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this home is stunning! So elegant and chic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Artie,
    You absolutely can! You will shop and collect and keep your vision in mind and it will be just as lovely. You will also have memories with all of the pieces you gather. It will be a wonderful hunt for you. So excited about your new journey.
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This home is lovely, but you can do just as well with a keen eye for good design -- which you have -- at any price point. Use simple, classic furniture with unique accessories. You already have those. And, enjoy the journey.
    Best...Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am drooling over this home, absolutely exquisite! =) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe you featured this Caseyville home ... a mere five miles from my childhood home. Yes, Caseyville Grade School, small town for sure. It's a quick trip from Valley Drive up Hollywood Heights Road and to 368 Forest Oaks Drive! Small world.

    ReplyDelete