Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Picture is Worth ...

The Pied-à-terre
 
Remember when I used to do these posts?
A Picture is Worth ...
They were a shameless copy of Joan's "Snapshot" posts which featured one photo, expertly styled, and stunningly captured (all of her photos are) with little or no writing. They were quick, refreshing, and left you longing for more.
They were the precursor to Instagram!
 
I remember asking Joan if I could copy her ... changing the name of course.
My mother raised me better.
 
Of course Joan ...
(and in the event you don't know who this Joan is)
she writes the fabulous blog For the Love of a House
granted me full permission to be a bit of a plagiarist,
and I started in her footsteps.
 
I figured while I'm working on the pied-à-terre, it might be useful to revive these posts.
So you can see what's going on.
As it happens.
Like news.
REALLY IMPORTANT NEWS!
 
 I'll be posting soon about the FABULOUS art framed on either side of the mirror above the sofa.
Until then, here it is.
Phase One, View One.

9 comments:

  1. So beautiful....I love everything!!!!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new pied-a-terre is such a beautiful, serene and light space... a perfect sanctuary! Can't wait to see more. I love seeing the progress on your new place, especially since I am stuck in an increasingly crappy-feeling temporary apartment while my house is being remodeled by the slowest contractor ever. (I shouldn't complain because I am lucky to get to remodel my home, but I am ready to have my own space again.)

    - Karen A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your new beginnings. This room looks fantastic. I must check Joan's older posts. I never saw the ones you mentioned. I miss her regular blogging as I do yours. Good to see you are back at it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pic Artie- beautiful!
    Dang.... I could have invented Instagram! I think I should get royalties!!! :) xxoj.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Better captured photo . Like it and thanks .

    ReplyDelete